Severe Weather: Donate to the Arkansas Disaster Relief Program
Healthy Communities

Active-Duty Military and their Spouses

The new SCRA provision allows servicemembers and their spouses to use their professional licenses and certificates in certain circumstances when they must relocate due to military orders. For a license to be considered valid in a new location, a servicemember or their spouse must satisfy the following five criteria:

  1. Have moved to a location outside the jurisdiction of the licensing authority that issued the covered license or certificate because of orders for military service; 
  2. Provide a copy of the military orders to the licensing authority in the new jurisdiction;
  3. Have actively used the license or certificate during the two years immediately preceding the move; 
  4. Remain in good standing with: 
    • the licensing authority that issued the covered license or certificate; and
    • every other licensing authority that issued a license or certificate valid for a similar scope of practice and in the discipline applied for in the new jurisdiction; and
  5. Submit to the authority of the licensing authority in the new jurisdiction for the purposes of standards of practice, discipline, and fulfillment of any continuing education requirements.

Active-duty members and their spouses should use the links below to find contact information for the appropriate licensing entity.

Quick Links:

Public Health Accrediation Board
Arkansas Department of Health
© 2017 Arkansas Department of Health. All Rights Reserved.
4815 W. Markham, Little Rock, AR 72205-3867