Plumbing & Natural Gas
*NOTICE* Due to the ongoing fight against COVID-19, The Plumbing and Food Service Plan Review section of the Arkansas Department of Health is encouraging plan submissions to be sent electronically via our online plan portal or by Mail or delivery service.
The Department of Health provides consultation to local public health officials, architects, engineers, and other construction related professions regarding sanitary plumbing and natural gas systems. We supervise the inspection program for newly constructed public and private facilities throughout the state for compliance with Plumbing and Fuel Gas Codes, and provide testing and certification of various plumbing related licenses, such as Master/Journeyman, city inspectors and gas fitters. The department is responsible for publishing codes, rules and regulations for licensing, and conducts plumber and gas related training programs.
Please call 501-661-2642 for plumbing licensing application questions. Plumbing Plan Review forms and guidelines, as well as applications, can be located below.
- Instructions for Plumber Exam Application
- Application for Backflow Assembly Repair Technician
- Application for Backflow Assembly Testing Technician
- Application for City Plumbing Inspector
- Application for Apprentice Plumber
- Application for Journeyman Plumber
- Application for Master Plumber
- Application for Lifetime Plumber
- Application for Supervisor Gas Fitter
- Application for Gas Fitter
- Application for Gas Fitter Trainee
- Application for Governmental Maintenance
- Application for Hospital Maintenance
- Application for Hospital Maintenance Supervisor
- Application for Hospital Maintenance Trainee
- Plan Review Cost Estimate Worksheet
- Plumbing Change of Address Form
- Application for Plumber Reinstatement | Instructions
- Natural Gas Inspection Form for Arkansas Accredited Schools
For Liquid Propane licensing or code, contact the State of Arkansas Liquefied Petroleum Gas Board
The Arkansas Plumbing and Fuel Gas Codes are copyrighted documents published by the International Code Council (ICC). You may review a non-printable version by clicking here.
For information about state contractors licensing, contact the State of Arkansas Contractor's Licensing Board.
Rules and Regulations
- Plumbing and Natural Gas Inspector Regulations
- Plumbing, Gas Fitter and Gas Utility Regulations
- Plumbing, Governmental Maintenance License Regulations
- Plumbing, Hospital Maintenance Regulations
- Plumbing, Lifetime License Regulations
- Plumbing, Solar Mechanic Regulations
- Plumbing, Water and Sewer Line Installer Regulations
- Backflow School Programs
- Plumbing Licensure Exam 2021 Calendar
- Plumbing City Inspector School Testing and Training 2021 Calendar
- Plumb Line Quarterly (Winter)
- Public Plumbing License Search
- State of Arkansas Plumbing Inspectors Contact Information
- State of Arkansas Plumbing Inspector Coverage Map
Boards and Committees
Special consideration for Active Duty service members, returning veterans, and spouses is available for licensure, certification, or permitting per Ark. Code 17-1-106.
Please contact the office below for additional forms or guidelines. Also, please provide contact information in your email response to our Office.
|Protective Health Codes||
4815 W. Markham St., Slot 24