Severe Weather: Donate to the Arkansas Disaster Relief Program
Healthy Communities

Licensing, Military Member Licensure, Permits & Plan Reviews Licensing, Military Member Licensure, Permits & Plan Reviews

Two laws apply to the occupational licensure of current and former military members and their spouses, the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and the Arkansas Occupational Licensing of Uniformed Service Members, Veterans, and Spouses Act of 2021. For active duty and their spouses, the federal law is controlling but because it does not extend to veterans and their spouses, the state law controls requirements for those individuals. 

Quick Links

Active-Duty Military and their Spouses:

On January 5, 2023, the SCRA was amended to provide a way for those who have a PCS to move to carry their license with them to their new duty station. This reduces the burdens associated with interstate military moves and allows military spouses to obtain meaningful employment more quickly.

Other Uniformed Service Members, Veterans, and their Spouses:

The act is intended to help uniformed service member, veterans, and their spouses by removing barriers that impede the launch and sustainability of civilian occupational careers and employment faced by uniformed service members, uniformed service veterans, and their spouses. Under the Act “Uniformed Service Members” include those also covered under the SCRA. “Uniformed Service Veterans” are defined as former members of the United States uniformed services discharged under conditions other than dishonorable.


Featured Topics are arranged alphabetically from left to right.


Featured Topics

Public Health Accrediation Board
Arkansas Department of Health
© 2017 Arkansas Department of Health. All Rights Reserved.
4815 W. Markham, Little Rock, AR 72205-3867