ASBN - LPN Renewal - Post Expiration (Late)
This application is for nurses who wish to renew an existing inactive/expired Arkansas license. It is NOT an application for on time renewal, new graduate initial licensure or endorsement of a license from another state.
The information contained herein is designed to assist you with information you need to begin the process to reactivate an inactive/expired license. Read the instructions and provide all required documentation. Additional instructions are located within the online renewal system as you progress through the renewal process.
1. ASBN Renewal Post Expiration Application
- No application is complete until all required documentation (if applicable) and fees are received.
Declaration of Primary State of Residence
- Declaration of your Primary state of residence is made within the application.
- Definition of Primary State of Residence: The state (also known as the home state) in which a nurse declares a primary residence for legal purposes. Sources used to verify a nurse’s primary residence may include but is not limited to, a current:
a. driver’s license with a home address;
b. federal income tax return with a primary state of residence declaration;
c. voter registration card with a home address;
d. military form no. 2058 (state of legal residence certificate); or
e. W2 form from the United States government or any bureau, division, or agency thereof, indicating residence.
- If another compact state is your primary state of residence and you have an active multistate license in that state; your Arkansas license will not be renewed.
- Click here for a list of compact states.
2. Fee Information
- Click here for current fees.
- The accepted method of payment is with credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover).
- Verify that the charges are correct before submitting application.
- ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
- Late renewal fees are added to regular renewal fee.
- You will receive a payment receipt by email which should be printed as proof of payment.
3. Post Renewal Information
- Late renewal requirements are identified in the Eligibility Questions section of the application.
- Twenty (20) practice focused contact hours are required, and
- You will identify if it has been (5) five years or less since your license has been active or if it has been greater than (5) five years since your license has been active. Based on your response, there are additional requirements stipulated.
CLICK HERE TO GO TO ARKANSAS NURSE PORTAL TO SUBMIT RENEWAL APPLICATION