Arkansas Social Work Licensing Board
The Social Work Licensing Board was created by Act 791 of 1981 for the purpose of regulating the practice of social work in Arkansas
The mission of the Social Work Licensing Board is to protect the public by setting standards of qualification, training, and experience for those who seek to represent themselves to the public as social workers and by promoting high standards of professional performance for those engaged in the practice of social work.
Board Meetings: The Board meets on the second Monday of each month in The Freeway Medical Building at 5800 West 10th Street, Suite 100, Little Rock, AR. The meetings are open to the public.
Below is a list of the scheduled board meetings/hearings for 2021.
Please note: Meeting times and dates may be subject to change. Every effort will be made to keep the most current information available.
The deadline for submitting documentation for review at a Board meeting is always Thursday before the meeting. Meetings begin at 10:00 a.m. unless otherwise noted at https://portal.arkansas.gov on the Public Meeting Calendar Page.
|Meeting Date||Meeting Type||Submission Due Date|
|August 9, 2021||Board Meeting||August 5, 2021|
|September 13, 2021||Board Meeting||September 9, 2021|
|October 11, 2021||Board Meeting||October 7, 2021|
|November 8, 2021||Board Meeting||November 4, 2021|
|December 13, 2021||Board Meeting||December 9, 2021|
Meeting Minutes: for any minutes older than 2021, contact the Board office.
- Board Members (The members of the Social Work Licensing Board are appointed by the Governor with the consent of the Senate. Members may serve two three-year terms.)
- Arkansas Social Work Code
- Arkansas Social Work Rule
- Complaint Form | Witness Form
- Disciplinary Actions
- Association of Social Work Boards
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Association of Social Work (NASW)
- National Association of Social Work (Arkansas Chapter)
Arkansas Social Work Programs Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education:
- Arkansas State University at Jonesboro
- Harding University at Searcy
- Philander Smith College
- Southern Arkansas University at Magnolia
- University of Arkansas at Fayetteville
- University of Arkansas at Fort Smith
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- University of Arkansas at Monticello
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
Ruthie Bain, Director of the Board
Chere' Johnson, Administrative Specialist III
|Arkansas Social Work Licensing Board||
Fax: (501) 372-6301