ASBN - APRN Renewal Post Expiration (Late)
This application is for nurses who wish to renew an existing inactive/expired Arkansas APRN license. It is NOT an application for on-time renewal of new graduate initial licensure or endorsement of a license from another state. The information contained herein is designed to assist you with the information you need to begin the renewal application process.
Read the instructions and provide all required documentation. Additional instructions are located within the online renewal system as you progress through the renewal process.
- APRN Late Renewal Application
- No application is complete until all required documentation (if applicable) and fees are received.
- Fee Information
- Click here for current fees.
- The accepted method of payment is with credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover).
- Verify that the charges are correct before submitting application.
- ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
- Late renewal fees are added to regular renewal fee.
- You will receive a payment receipt by email which should be printed as proof of payment.
- APRN licensure requirements include:
- Current National Certification related to you area of certification, and
- Active unencumbered Arkansas RN license OR active unencumbered multistate compact RN license.
- If out of practice greater than two (2) years a refresher course or extensive orientation is required.
- Apply or reinstate prescriptive authority:
- If you have never held prescriptive authority in Arkansas, refer to the instructions for initial prescriptive authority applicants here.
- To reinstate prescriptive authority, submit an application through your Nurse Portal account. There is no fee for this application.
- Submit the required documents:
- Collaborative practice agreement
- Quality assurance plan
- If prescriptive authority has been inactive for more than 12 months, you will need five (5) hours of pharmacology continuing education plus an additional five (5) hours for renewal including the two (2) ASBN mandatory courses. Contact the APRN Department through the Nurse Portal Message Center for more information.
- If you have been prescribing in another state within the last year, you may submit the Verification of Prescribing Hours form in lieu of the continuing education requirements.