The mission of the Arkansas Department of Health’s STD Prevention program is to significantly reduce and prevent sexually transmitted diseases and infections in the state of Arkansas.
The goals of the STD Prevention Program are to:
- Increase community screening and treatment per CDC guidance;
- Improve services for STD clients and their partners including linkages to care;
- Reduce re-infection; and
- Increase community and provider knowledge of STD-related treatment, prevention, epidemiology and effective polices.
The STD Prevention Program Surveillance Program is responsible for collecting STD data and monitoring the reporting of labs and health care providers in the state of Arkansas.
Information for Health Care Providers:
- Adult Case Report Form
- Arkansas Syphilis Increase Notification
- Arkansas Syphilis Lunch and Learn Series 2021
- Arkansas Syphilis Prevention Infographic
- Communicable Disease Reporting Form
- Pediatric Case Report Form
- STD Case Report Form
STD Testing Information
STD testing (screening) for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV is available at all local health departments in Arkansas at no cost to the patient. Early detection and treatment of patients and their partners avoid long-term health complications as a result of untreated STDs. The STD Prevention Program supports chlamydia, gonorrhea, and Syphilis testing with federal and state funding.
STD Treatment Guidelines: CDC
Guidelines for treatment of persons who have or are at risk for sexually transmitted diseases.
Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT) is the practice of treating sex partners of persons with STDs in the absence of medical evaluation or prevention counseling. EPT is implemented through the delivery of or prescription for therapy by the case patient to their partners. Contact your local health department for more information.
Prevention and Education
The STD Programs prevention efforts complement those activities conducted by the local health units, and other health care providers. The program is able to provide condoms, educational materials, and surveillance data, reporting information, treatment guidelines and other technical assistance.
|STD Prevention Program||4815 W. Markham St., Slot 33
Little Rock, AR 72205