Breast Pumps and Breastfeeding Education
Breast pumps are available at all local health units at no cost for women who are on Arkansas WIC as partially breastfeeding or exclusively breastfeeding. Click here to find your nearest health unit or call 1-800-445-6175 for more information.
To obtain a breast pump, call your local health unit to make a WIC appointment and tell the WIC staff that you are breastfeeding and would like a breast pump.
Based on your needs, qualified WIC staff can help obtain a pump that is right for you. Manual pumps for occasional or short term pumping are available. The personal Double Pump (Pump N' Style) is available for mothers of premature infants, mothers going to work or school, and women with breastfeeding complications. Demonstration on breast pump assembly and how to get a breast pump from Arkansas WIC available upon request.
Breastfeeding Educational Materials
Arkansas WIC Breastfeeding offers a variety of educational materials on an array of breastfeeding topics. The following information is available upon request.
- How To Get A Breast Pump - English | Spanish
- Yes, I’m Going to Breastfeed - English | Spanish
- I Feel Like a Good Mom - English | Spanish
- Breastfeeding vs. Formula - English | Spanish
- Infant Feeding Guide - English | Spanish
- My Breastfeeding Plan - English | Spanish
- How To Know My Baby Is Getting Enough Milk - English | Spanish
- Difficult Latch-On During Breastfeeding - English | Spanish
- Engorgement During Breastfeeding - English | Spanish
- Mastitis During Breastfeeding - English | Spanish
- Sore Nipples During Breastfeeding (Prevention and Treatment) – English | Spanish
- Yeast Infection During Breastfeeding - English | Spanish
- Nipple Test - English | Spanish
- Storing Breastmilk - English | Spanish
- Breastfeeding & Biting - English | Spanish
- Weaning - English | Spanish
- Rights of Students When Expressing Breastmilk - English
|The Basics of Breast Massage and Hand Expression|